Thursday, January 27, 2011

And there goes what little faith I had in that stupid grid

With this new announcement what ever faith I had in my little chart from way back when has been shattered. Sentinel and Hsien Ko are the two newest additions to Marvel vs Capcom 3's roster of fighters. Add to that the confirmation that Frank West and the original Mega Man won't be in it (at least at launch)completely and totally disproves my previous assumptions. I hear by renounce any and all faith that the characters from that list will be in MvC3 (from the get go.) So, I suppose I should at least give part of the story, huh? Well Frank is mostly complete, but was cut at a late stage in development, Mega Man was deemed "too hard to adapt for a fighting game", despite the fact that he's been in at least the first two. Something about him having "too many possible weapons" and being "difficult to adapt for MvC3." I'm paraphrasing here. As for the announcement of Sentinel and Hsien Ko? Well, color me surprised. I mean, it's not like I'm upset that they're going to be in, it's just that they were seriously at the bottom of my list of possibilities. Well, at least we can now predict 90% of the teams you're going to face online. Hello Storm/Magneto/Sentinel spam fest. But hey, maybe this might help get us a new Dark Stalkers game? Maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers