Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Marvel vs Capcom 3 character roster locked

That is too say, we have a definite number on how many are left to be announced. And that number is...10. So, with the 28 available out of the gate, with Shuma Gorath and Jill Valentine already confirmed as Downloadable Content/ Pre-order bonuses for collectors edition (btw already pre-ordered my copy) we now have a total of 40 characters destined to be in MvC3:FTW. All that's left now is to guess at this remaining ten. This of course leaves us with five for each side. Let's take some educated guesses, shall we?

Capcom: Megaman: This one is just common sense, since he's been in the last two. Besides, he's the poster boy for Capcom, and there would be blood in the streets if he didn't show up, and Tron Bonne did.

Zangief: He's one of three Capcom characters to appear in all previous installments. Yeah, pretty safe bet he might show up.

Mike Haggar: I'm basing this solely on a single image supposedly taken at a CHalloween party at Capcom Headquarters. I don't know about you, but it looks legitimate to me. Besides, it's about time he showed up in one of these games and perform a double lariat and spinning piledriver on Zangief. Then again, this image may just be an alternate costume for the Russian Wrestler.


M.Bison: Because apparently the plot is Dr. Doom and Wesker are teaming up all the villains from their respective sides, and Wesker is pretty lonely right now. Unless Jill Valentine is still being controlled by Wesker and Nathan Spencer is being counted because of how hated his last game was, Capcom's only got one villain so far. Bison is a fan favorite, and he's been in most of the previous games, with one still having him cameo.

Dan Hibiki: Because, why not!? I happen to like the guy, and from the looks of things, there are no joke characters revealed so far, and you've got to have one in these things. And yes, I do realize that Deadpool is a humorous character, he's just not woefully mismatched against everyone else like Dan is. Even Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighters had him. And he'd fit right in with the semi-joking manner the game seems to have.

These are of course only the ones that I think are most likely. Any of the other Street Fighters or Roll could show up. Hell, it could even be someone who had never been in one of these games, like Nathan Spencer, Dante, or Sir Arthur. Unlikely though.

Marvel: Storm: Line M. Bison, she's been in all the previous games to some extent, and because I want to see more X-Men characters in this one. Also, I'm only counting Wolverine as an X-Man. Sorry X-23 and Deadpool.

Venom: Probably going to be the Mac Gargan version. Also like Bison, he's here to fill out the villain roster, though it's already heavy on the Marvel side, one more never hurt. Also, he was in the last two MvC games.

Cyclops: I just like the guy. So sue me. I know I've heard rumors he was disconfirmed, but fuck that. I want him to show up again. 'Nuff said.

Blackheart: I'm seriously just grabbing at straws here. He was in two of the past games, and Ghost Rider is making a cameo, so that's all I got. Besides, Dormammu is in it, and I'd like to pit Mephisto's son against him. Is he even still in the comics? Does Ghost Rider even have his own comic anymore?

Howard the Duck?: Yeah, I got nothing left. This is a joke, and not even in a joke character sense. I've really got nothing left. Juggernaut, maybe? I just don't want to list too many X-Men characters, but they make up like 90% of the past rosters. I don't even think I'm being hyperbolic in that statement.

Hell, they were the first to fight the Street Fighters. It's probably why we're only getting 40 characters, rather than more than 56, like MvC2. Granted that included such fan favorites as Marrow, Omega Red, Silver Samurai, and Spiral. I'm sorry, this just sort of devolved into a rant about unoriginality, or at least a lack of diversity. I just don't see myself using many of the characters from MvC2, unlike Tatsunoko vs Capcom, where I used all of the characters, for the most part. And why? Because those characters were all interesting to me. Luckily, MvC3 is doing just that for me. It's got a nice balance of new and old characters. I want to try All of the new Marvel characters! Even Modok! I think this time they went with a lot of fan favorites, rather than whatever they already had the codes for plus some filler in MvC2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers