Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Avenger's Speculation 3

Well, it's just one more day until the midnight premier of Iron Man 2. Now I know plenty of people have already seen it, some legitimately, some not so much. And they've all seen whatever Easter eggs there already are in Iron Man 2. But I haven't. I've been good, and kept my nose relatively clean. The only thing I do know is that Thor's hammer is in the end credits, and Olivia Munn is a lying Whore. We can all breath a sigh of relief knowing that she will not be portraying either The Wasp or The Scarlet Witch. But your not here to read about things that are fact. Your here for crazy speculations on what the future is for the Avengers series of movies. Well, here's what i think we can look forward to, or at least what I'd like to see.
Future Movies
We already have Nick Fury as a character, he's had a movie before, and we've got an IMDB page. It's a no brainer to expect a Nick Fury solo project, hopefully with a few old friends from SHIELD, such a Dum Dum Dugan, and maybe some Hydra action. Though the IMDB page talks about him as a soldier putting together a team of elite soldiers. Does this mean we're going to get a long awaited Howling Commandos flick? It's certainly possible, since according to Kevin Feige, Marvel's President, they will be appearing in the Captain America movie. The question is whether or not Marvel will be willing to do two World War Two movies.
Now I know I've dismissed any chance of Ant Man or The Wasp appearing in the Avengers as pure poppycock, but I suppose the possibility of the two of them being introduced in the Avengers and from there going on to appear in their own movie is a possiblity. We'll just have to wait and see. But if they did get there own movie, I wouldn't mind seeing him working on an artificial intelligence, possibly based on his own brainwaves.
Not sure how many other heroes there are, but if The Avengers film itself is a success, I'm sure we can expect a sequel. Like I've said before, the comics are not hurting for plots, or at least villains. But I suppose there is nothing I can do to know what the first one will have, so I guess I can just go crazy and start my crazy Speculation now.
Insane Speculations (Or the things I'd like to see in an Avengers movie)
Something that really disappointed me about the first movie in this series, Iron Man, was that Tony Stark's loyal butler was reduced to an AI program, so I was thinking, The Avengers need a base, Tony has been their host before, so why not have an Avengers Mansion with a built in copy of Jarvis displayed as a hologram. Now I'm sure they had a good reason for not having a human Jarvis, but I still would like to see him, rather than just hear him. And if they can't secure one of Tony's mansions, I suppose they can always just crash with Fury in his Helicarriers, something a few of my nerd brethren wouldn't mind, I'm sure. On a final note, there is but one thing I'd like to hear come out of Chris Evans mouth: "AVENGERS, ASSEMBLE!"

Edit: Right, I should probably point you over to a person who does a better job at this than me, Bob Chipman aka Movie Bob. Here's his video about the Marvel Universe movies, you should totally go watch it, and then subscribe to his blog, and maybe mine, perhaps?
http://moviebob.blogspot.com/2010/04/escape-to-movies-avengers-assemble.html
If it's wonky to you, just go over to The Escapist website, coincidentally also linked on that page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers